Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Snack UI examples/docs

Snack UI examples/docs

Doug Farrell

Hi all,

Does anyone know where I could find code examples, or documentation,
for the snack toolkit? And in this case I mean the text UI snack
module, not the sound toolkit which seems to show up in every google
search for 'python snack'.

Thanks in advance,
Doug

Grant Edwards

On 2004-07-09, Doug Farrell <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Does anyone know where I could find code examples, or
> documentation, for the snack toolkit? And in this case I mean
> the text UI snack module, not the sound toolkit which seems to
> show up in every google search for 'python snack'.

The only ones I know about are the examples that come with the
library source distro. I wrote a couple small apps using snack
(in both Python and C). Though I only used a small set of the
available features, I thought it was very handy.

--
Grant Edwards grante Yow! How's the wife? Is
at she at home enjoying

Jarek Zgoda

Doug Farrell <(E-Mail Removed)> pisze:

> Does anyone know where I could find code examples, or documentation,
> for the snack toolkit? And in this case I mean the text UI snack
> module, not the sound toolkit which seems to show up in every google
> search for 'python snack'.

There's no such thing. You can only look at 2 scripts in source package,
plus sources of old Anaconda installer and maybe 1 or 2 other programs.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/

Doug Farrell

Thanks for the replies,

> There's no such thing. You can only look at 2 scripts in source package,
> plus sources of old Anaconda installer and maybe 1 or 2 other programs.

I'm assuming the source package you are referring to is the source for
snack.py itself?

Thanks again,
Doug

Jarek Zgoda

Doug Farrell <(E-Mail Removed)> pisze:

>> There's no such thing. You can only look at 2 scripts in source package,
>> plus sources of old Anaconda installer and maybe 1 or 2 other programs.

> I'm assuming the source package you are referring to is the source for
> snack.py itself?

NEWT/Snack (aka python-newt in Debian) is a C extension interfacing with
libnewt.so. In source package (e.g. from Debian or better src.rpm for
newt from PLD) you will find only these 2 short "demos". To see
python-newt in something bigger, look for src.rpm for RedHat's Anaconda
installer (I am sure RH 7.3 has it, don't know if newer versions of RH
also use text-mode installation routine).

And that's all I know of python-newt examples.

--
Jarek Zgoda
http://jpa.berlios.de/

Snack -- Help v.davis2 Python 0 03-04-2007 10:38 PM
Audio -- Looking for Help with Using Snack on Windows v.davis2 Python 0 03-01-2007 12:24 AM
Hunding for vintage snack machine in public space (Toronto, Canada - City) Jordan Wan Digital Photography 4 07-11-2004 10:12 PM
[Q] Pyython and curses/ncurses/snack/tinter/... Chris Burkert Python 1 01-18-2004 10:24 AM
The Snack Sound Toolkit Michael Peuser Python 0 08-17-2003 01:41 PM

Advertisments