Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ANNOUNCE: tclpython-3.1

ANNOUNCE: tclpython-3.1

Jean-Luc Fontaine

### CHANGES ###

--- version 3.1 ---
rpm rebuilt for python 2.3 on Fedora Core 2

### README ###

tclpython version 3.1: a Python package for Tcl

This package allows the execution of Python (version 2.2) code from a
Tcl interpreter, as in:

package require tclpython 3
set interpreter [python::interp new]
$interpreter exec {print("Hello World")}
puts [$interpreter eval 3/2.0]
python::interp delete $interpreter

You can actually create several Python interpreters this way, if the
tclpython package was linked against a Python library compiled with
threads support, otherwise only 1 Python interpreter can exist at a
time.

This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
License, or (at your option) any later version.

This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

###

you may find it now at my homepage:

http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1.tar.gz
http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1-0.fdr.2.i386.rpm
http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1-0.fdr.2.spec
http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython.htm

yaipa h.

Oddly, I actually have a use for this. Thanks.

--Alan

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Jean-Luc Fontaine) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> ### CHANGES ###
>
> --- version 3.1 ---
> rpm rebuilt for python 2.3 on Fedora Core 2
>
> ### README ###
>
> tclpython version 3.1: a Python package for Tcl
>
> This package allows the execution of Python (version 2.2) code from a
> Tcl interpreter, as in:
>

> package require tclpython 3
> set interpreter [python::interp new]
> $interpreter exec {print("Hello World")}
> puts [$interpreter eval 3/2.0]
> python::interp delete $interpreter
>

> You can actually create several Python interpreters this way, if the
> tclpython package was linked against a Python library compiled with
> threads support, otherwise only 1 Python interpreter can exist at a
> time.
>
> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
> it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
> published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
> License, or (at your option) any later version.
>
> This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
> WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
> MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
>
> ###
>
> you may find it now at my homepage:
>
> http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1.tar.gz
> http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1-0.fdr.2.i386.rpm
> http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython-3.1-0.fdr.2.spec
> http://jfontain.free.fr/tclpython.htm

Roy Smith

(E-Mail Removed) (Jean-Luc Fontaine) wrote:

> tclpython version 3.1: a Python package for Tcl
>
> This package allows the execution of Python (version 2.2) code from a
> Tcl interpreter, as in:

Sounds quite cool!