Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Plone and Version Control

Plone and Version Control

Jon Babbage

I am looking at building a document server using plone and need
version control. CMS Matrix
(http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix?func...listingId=1002)
indicates that plone has document management built in, but I have not
found it if it is there.

I have also found some software
(http://www.emergence.com/WhatWeOffer/products/PVS) that claims to add
this functionality to plone, but have been unable to get this working.

Does anyone have any other ideas for building such a document server,
or has these features working on their own systems?
/jon

Chris Irish

Jon Babbage wrote:

>I am looking at building a document server using plone and need
>version control. CMS Matrix
>(http://www.cmsmatrix.org/matrix?func...listingId=1002)
>indicates that plone has document management built in, but I have not
>found it if it is there.
>
>I have also found some software
>(http://www.emergence.com/WhatWeOffer/products/PVS) that claims to add
>this functionality to plone, but have been unable to get this working.
>
>Does anyone have any other ideas for building such a document server,
>or has these features working on their own systems?
>/jon

This is what we use at work take a look at this, it's not plone
however. http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook/book.html