Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > port forwarding

port forwarding

peter breugle

trying to use PDM on a 501 to do port forwarding.

I can't seem to get this to work in PDM. I want to map 8080 on my
external address to port 80 on a fixed internal address.

The dialog in PDM seems to force me to select origin host/network from
the inside list of defined hosts. It rejects a select of any.

So I have
- Origin as my defined host
- translate on interface outside
- select static
- Select "interface IP"
- select redirect port
- origin 80 translated 8080

- save apply etc etc etc
- I get a warning that "the static mapping translation rule is
overlapping with a dynamic address translation rule for
0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0(any) using global pool 1.
- I am asked if I want to proceed and I say yes, but of course I
shouldn't because it doesn't work.

http://external-address:8080 should be redirected to
http://internal_address:80 - BUT IT DOESN'T WORK.

The PDM doesn't seem to let me define ANY as the origin on the top which
maps to a static on the bottom. This is what I would expect.

How can I do this in the PDM? I've done this with a linksys router which
is obviously better suited for folks like me.

- p -

http://externaladdress:8080 doesn't work