Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ZODB revision

ZODB revision

Matteo Merli

Hello,

I would like to know wether is possible to use ZODB with FileStorage without
using the Revision system that I don't need. ( In fact for my needs it's
only a performance/disk-space drop down.. )
I haven't found any method for that.

Anyone knows more about it?

Thank you
matteo

Thomas Guettler

Am Sun, 04 Jul 2004 08:35:31 +0000 schrieb Matteo Merli:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know wether is possible to use ZODB with FileStorage without
> using the Revision system that I don't need. ( In fact for my needs it's
> only a performance/disk-space drop down.. )
> I haven't found any method for that.

Hi,

Of course you can use ZODB without using the revision system.

I don't use it, too. But if you use FileStorage, you still
need to pack your database sometimes, because all changes
get appended to the end of "data.fs".

Regards,
Thomas

--
Thomas GŁttler, http://www.thomas-guettler.de/

Help for a newbie in Python and ZODB Jean-Louis Nespoulous Python 4 11-23-2004 03:27 PM
ZODB and Boa Gary Python 4 10-14-2004 09:42 PM
zodb troubles - seeking advice for app design Diez B. Roggisch Python 3 05-07-2004 06:53 PM
More ZEO/ZODB issues drs Python 0 07-12-2003 12:41 AM