Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > How to print a state flow graph for a state machine using Xilinx ISE or ModelSim

How to print a state flow graph for a state machine using Xilinx ISE or ModelSim

Weng Tianxiang

Hi,
Can you help explain a method to print a state flow graph for any state
machine design written in VHDL using either Xilinx ISE or ModelSim
software?

If neither has the ability of doing the function, what else software
can do it?

Thank you.

Weng

Mike Treseler

Weng Tianxiang wrote:

> Can you help explain a method to print a state flow graph for any state
> machine design written in VHDL

Altera Quartus has such a viewer.

-- Mike Treseler

Jan Hansen

"Weng Tianxiang" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
> Can you help explain a method to print a state flow graph for any state
> machine design written in VHDL using either Xilinx ISE or ModelSim
> software?
>
> If neither has the ability of doing the function, what else software
> can do it?

Well, I did a state machine in ISE some time ago, and as far as I can
remeber, it was a matter of chosing "print" from some meny. I dont recall
having any trouble with that at all.

Another thing is that I write my own state machines from now on. In VHDL.
Thats not difficult at all. And the code generated from ISE is not *that*
good, when it comes to human readability.

Weng Tianxiang

Hi Jan,
What I want is not let Xilinx ISE to generate a state machine code for
me, but I want ISE to print a flow graph of a state machine written in
VHDL.

Thank you.

Weng