Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Configuring CA on PIX 520

Configuring CA on PIX 520

Frank Durham

Greetings-

I have been reading from cisco a publication that explains how to set up a
Microsfot CA with a Pi 520. It all makes sense except for the script they
ask to input. Here is the command they want.

"ca identity abcd 10.1.0.2:/certserv/mscep/mscep.dll"

What I don't get is what is the mscep.dll and where is it on my Win2K server
install with CA services. I tried looking for it via Microsoft Technet and
still haven't found anything.

Has anyone else delt with this situation and if how did you get around it or
make it work?

Frank

Joce

Frank Durham wrote:

> Greetings-
>
> I have been reading from cisco a publication that explains how to set up a
> Microsfot CA with a Pi 520. It all makes sense except for the script they
> ask to input. Here is the command they want.
>
> "ca identity abcd 10.1.0.2:/certserv/mscep/mscep.dll"
>
> What I don't get is what is the mscep.dll and where is it on my Win2K
> server
> install with CA services. I tried looking for it via Microsoft Technet
> and still haven't found anything.
>
> Has anyone else delt with this situation and if how did you get around it
> or make it work?
>
> Frank

You must install the Win2K Ressource Kit... SCEP is part of it and it work
OK with PIX

Configuring Cisco PIX 520. benchmark Cisco 3 09-01-2007 01:34 PM
Configuring Cisco PIX 520. benchmark Cisco 0 08-10-2007 02:05 AM
Re: Gig E NIC for Pix 520 David Wolfenbarger Cisco 0 07-18-2003 03:21 AM
Cisco Pix 520 OS Doug Scott Cisco 1 07-16-2003 06:30 PM
Re: Gig E NIC for Pix 520 Adam Crain Cisco 0 07-15-2003 05:53 PM

Advertisments