Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Any UNIX script can convert PIX configuration to a web page?

Any UNIX script can convert PIX configuration to a web page?

dovelet

Hi all,

Is there any unix script or program that can convert the PIX
configuration files to a web interface with rules base (just like
PDM)? PDM can show it in web format but it cannot be saved. If it can
be saved, I can pass it to a non technical staff for reference.
Thanks.

Regards,
Dovelet

James

dovelet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there any unix script or program that can convert the PIX
> configuration files to a web interface with rules base (just like
> PDM)? PDM can show it in web format but it cannot be saved. If it can
> be saved, I can pass it to a non technical staff for reference.
> Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Dovelet

Depending on your web browser, you can
save what appears in particular url:

try <control> u

and see what is does.

Also, you can use file <save>
as it works on mozilla and netscape,
both of which are avaiable on a windoz
platform....

James

Adrian Grigorof

Try Firegen for Pix Log Analyzer - not a Unix script but it retrieves
the configuration of a Pix firewall and creates an HTML report page
with the configuration.

See http://www.eventid.net/firegen/firegenpix2.asp for download.

A sample report is here:
http://www.eventid.net/firegen/pixco...17-220752.html