Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Is there a Python Audio Library?

Is there a Python Audio Library?

gohaku

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if there is an audio library that will allow me to
create
and read .WAV and .MIDI files.
When reading .WAV files, I am looking for amplitude information.

Thanks.
-gohaku

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:58:39 -0400, rumours say that gohaku
<(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:

>Hi everyone,
>I would like to know if there is an audio library that will allow me to
>create
>and read .WAV and .MIDI files.
>When reading .WAV files, I am looking for amplitude information.
>
>Thanks.
>-gohaku

for wave files and operations on them:

import wave, audioop

for midi files, google is your friend (pymidi would be my first guess
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
"Tssss!" --Brad Pitt as Achilles in unprecedented Ancient Greek