Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Magazine exists! (was: Python intro questions)

Python Magazine exists! (was: Python intro questions)

John J. Lee

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Michele Simionato) writes:

> BTW Mark, what's the status of the article *I* submitted (I sent you a private
> email a couple of days ago but had no answer yet, so let me try the public
> forum instead

Yeah, but *your* article was all about some horrendous meta-metaclass
nightmare, right? The poor guy's probably too scared to respond

(BTW, FWIW, and from what little I know, the handling of Irmen's case
seemed to me like reasonable behaviour + forgiveable slip-up)

John

Michele Simionato

(E-Mail Removed) (John J. Lee) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...

> Yeah, but *your* article was all about some horrendous meta-metaclass
> nightmare, right? The poor guy's probably too scared to respond

No, no, nothing so scary It is just a very gentle introduction to
optparse. A topic at least 100x more useful than metaclasses, IMHO
BTW, I also wrote a recipe about optparse which is in the Python cookbook:

To prove further that I don't write about metaclasses only, here is another
article of mine:

http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/...phviz_dot.html

That's enough shameless plug for today

Michele Simionato