Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > a small-gui for python/win32 ?

a small-gui for python/win32 ?

marco

this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
it worked only on win32 platform

AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)

i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
i cant find it again ;-(

perhaps someone could help me ?
(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ...

rzed

marco <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40db01fb$0$17144
$(E-Mail Removed):

> this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
> a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
> messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
> it worked only on win32 platform
>
> AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
>
> i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
> i cant find it again ;-(
>
> perhaps someone could help me ?
> (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ...

One possibility:
http://www.ferg.org/easygui/

--
rzed

Thomas Heller

marco <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
> a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
> messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
> it worked only on win32 platform
>
> AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
>
> i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
> i cant find it again ;-(
>
> perhaps someone could help me ?
> (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ...

http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html ?

Thomas

Chris S.

marco wrote:

> this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
> a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
> messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
> it worked only on win32 platform
>
> AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
>
> i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
> i cant find it again ;-(
>
> perhaps someone could help me ?
> (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ...

Doesn't Python come bundled with Tkinter? Isn't Tkinter cross-platform
compatible? What's wrong with Tk?

For the record, Tk and Wx work on windows. Tk is about as simple a gui
library as you can get.

marco

Thomas Heller a écrit :

>>this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
>>a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
>>messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
>>it worked only on win32 platform
>>
>>AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
>>
>>i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
>>i cant find it again ;-(
>>
>>perhaps someone could help me ?
>>(don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ...

> http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html ?

no ;-(
but it is the same concept ...
the one i searcge, use real hte dialogboxes from windows
and on the screenshots, windows decoration was a xp blue theme (i remember)

> Thomas

marco

Chris S. a écrit :

> marco wrote:
>
>> this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
>> a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
>> messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
>> it worked only on win32 platform
>>
>> AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
>>
>> i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
>> i cant find it again ;-(
>>
>> perhaps someone could help me ?
>> (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ...

> Doesn't Python come bundled with Tkinter? Isn't Tkinter cross-platform
> compatible? What's wrong with Tk?
>
> For the record, Tk and Wx work on windows. Tk is about as simple a gui
> library as you can get.

i know, i know ... i am a wx addict (i hate the render of tk)
i'm not looking for full gui cross platform
just for a simple api wich call the real dialogbox of windows
(selectfolder, selectFile(s), input a text, messagebox ...)

marco

marco a écrit :

> this week, i've seen a little GUI for python/win32 ..
> a little library which can use simple dialog (openfile, opendir,
> messagebox, progressbar ... and that's all) ...
> it worked only on win32 platform
>
> AND i've not bookmarked the url ;-( (shame on me)
>
> i've seen that in "daily python url" perhaps ??!
> i cant find it again ;-(
>
> perhaps someone could help me ?
> (don't tell me about tk, wx, qt, gtk ...

YES ... i found it again ... and bookmarked too !!!!

its name is "easydialog", and is here :
http://www.averdevelopment.com/python/EasyDialogs.html

thanx for all your answers

Thomas Heller

marco wrote:

> i know, i know ... i am a wx addict (i hate the render of tk)
> i'm not looking for full gui cross platform
> just for a simple api wich call the real dialogbox of windows
> (selectfolder, selectFile(s), input a text, messagebox ...)

I thought tk on windows used the native windows rendering style? At
least, I couldn't tell the difference between tk and a native windows
gui when I used it.