Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Question re:ATM OAM in a Cisco MGX

Question re:ATM OAM in a Cisco MGX

Sprite

Hi,
I need some information regarding the ATM OAM behaviour on the Cisco
MGX 8850 switch, as I don't have the switch right now in my
possession.

In my example setup, I have an ATM port on the MGX connected to the
port of another device. On the MGX port I want to have a PVC
configured with ATM OAM enabled, so that AIS/RDI/CC/Loopbacks are all
available for use.

If I administratively shut down the subinterface for the PVC (using
the 'shutdown' command),

1) Does the PVC go to INACTIVE (administratively down) or DOWN
(operationally down) state?
2) What happens to the F5 OAM functionality?
Specifically, during this condition,
- does the PVC go into VC-ETE state?
- will VC-RDI cells get transmitted to the remote end?
- will it be possible to do OAM ATM pings from this PVC to the
remote end?
- Is the MGX able to reply to OAM ATM pings from the remote end?
- are stats tracked for receiving OAM cells, i.e. does the stats
counter increment or just ignore the cells?

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks,
- Dan

Sprite

Oops.. for the first point, I meant "VC-AIS", not VC-ETE.

> Specifically, during this condition,
> - does the PVC go into VC-ETE state?
> - will VC-RDI cells get transmitted to the remote end?
> - will it be possible to do OAM ATM pings from this PVC to the
> remote end?
> - Is the MGX able to reply to OAM ATM pings from the remote end?
> - are stats tracked for receiving OAM cells, i.e. does the stats
> counter increment or just ignore the cells?
>
> I would really appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks,
> - Dan

Question Reg: Ethernet OAM (802.3ah) ksriram29@gmail.com Cisco 0 11-20-2006 06:31 AM
Applying QoS on the Route Process Module RPM of the MGX ATM Switch Mr Dolphin Cisco 0 02-13-2006 08:47 PM
OAM help Ali Cisco 0 10-29-2004 03:36 AM
Re: Qsig on MGX's Alex Cisco 0 04-05-2004 08:45 AM
oam-mamage Roland Drabek Cisco 2 11-19-2003 08:38 PM

Advertisments