Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Re: Cisco multicast filtering, adding VLAN tag

Re: Cisco multicast filtering, adding VLAN tag

v8rulezmore

Thanks MH!

Can you please show me a config example of this?

For example if just tagging the following streams:

From Dish____From Tandberg decoder____From Cisco L3 switch
TV1__________226.0.0.1:8000___________226.0.0.1:80 00 VLAN1
TV2__________226.0.0.2:8000___________226.0.0.2:80 00 VLAN2

If 226.0.0.1:8000 and 226.0.0.2:8000 is both recieved on physica
interface fa1/1 and will both leave on phy-interface fa1/2.

Since all ip multicast streams must be transported at all tim
regardless of if there is a subscriber or not for a particular strea
IGMP/IGMP snooping should not be needed but still enabled I rea
somewhere, can you confirm this?!?

Since there will be no ip-multicast streams send or recieved to/fro
any other routers in the network I presume that no PIM or othe
multicast routing protocols has to be enabled, is this correct?

Thx in advance
/Mik

-
v8rulezmor

Multicast UDP deamon and VLAN interfaces pietro.cerutti@gmail.com C Programming 7 12-01-2006 05:21 PM
Multicast inside VLAN Matt Cisco 3 07-22-2005 05:05 PM
To vlan tag or not to tag? budyerr Cisco 1 07-08-2004 03:45 AM
Re: Cisco multicast filtering, adding VLAN tag v8rulezmore Cisco 2 05-01-2004 04:49 PM

Advertisments