Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Port mirroring on a cisco 2950

Port mirroring on a cisco 2950

plc

Hi

What kind of port mirroring is available on a Cisco 2950 ?

I mean :
- is it possible to mirror a single port ? (I guess yes)
- is it possible to mirror a VLAN ?
- is it possible to mirror multiple VLANs on a single mirroring port ?
- is it possible to mirror all the switch traffic on a signle port ?

Additionaly is it possible to transfert port mirroring between 2
switches used in a VRRP environment ?

Thx

PO

M.C. van den Bovenkamp

plc wrote:

> What kind of port mirroring is available on a Cisco 2950 ?
>
> I mean :
> - is it possible to mirror a single port ? (I guess yes)
> - is it possible to mirror a VLAN ?
> - is it possible to mirror multiple VLANs on a single mirroring port ?
> - is it possible to mirror all the switch traffic on a signle port ?
>
> Additionaly is it possible to transfert port mirroring between 2
> switches used in a VRRP environment ?

Get thee hence to CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...scg/swspan.htm

Regards,