Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Spellcheck on outside application - newbie

Spellcheck on outside application - newbie

Evan McPeters

Hi,

I am very new to Python so please forgive my ignorance.

I need to develop a program that will spell check a word processing window
that is open in another application. I do not have access to the the API or
any other code for this application, so I was hoping that the spell checker
could simply do it's job on whatever the user's active window is.

Does this make sense. Does anyone have an idea about how to start this.

Thanks in advance.

David Fisher

"Evan McPeters" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am very new to Python so please forgive my ignorance.
>
> I need to develop a program that will spell check a word processing
> window that is open in another application. I do not have access to
> the the API or any other code for this application, so I was hoping
> that the spell checker could simply do it's job on whatever the
> user's active window is.
>
> Does this make sense. Does anyone have an idea about how to start
> this.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Dont

Peter Hansen

Evan McPeters wrote:

> I need to develop a program that will spell check a word processing window
> that is open in another application. I do not have access to the the API or
> any other code for this application, so I was hoping that the spell checker
> could simply do it's job on whatever the user's active window is.
>
> Does this make sense. Does anyone have an idea about how to start this.

What is this 'other application' ?

Evan McPeters

It is a database application that has an area for word processing in it.
That is the area that I want to spellcheck.

Thanks.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...