Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > [slightly OT] German Python Workshops on IRC

[slightly OT] German Python Workshops on IRC

Heiko Wundram

Hi all!

Me and a couple of IRC-addicts have decided to hold regular Python-Workshops
on IRC, especially oriented towards beginners and intermediate programmers,
who have not used Python before, or are just beginning to pick up Python.
These workshops will be held in #python.de on irc.freenode.net, and as the
channel name suggests, will be held in german.

Why I'm posting here is simply the fact that I thought that some people might
be interested, regardless of the language, and regardless of the workshops to
get to know that there is a german Python channel on IRC, which is currently
frequented by about 10-15 people, some of them complete beginners, others
quite advanced. This channel is advertised on python.org, but in such a far
away corner, that I'd have never found it, had I not seen it on the channel
list of freenode.

If you're interested, anyhow, come by and join us in discussing about Python,
and anything else that might arise.

The next workshop will be:

Date: 16th of June, 2004 (this week Wednesday)
Time: 8pm CEST (20:00 german time)
Topic: Python und Objekt-Orientierte Programmierung für Einsteiger

Heiko.