Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > EzVPN IOS Client with VPN3k - Tunnel Drops

EzVPN IOS Client with VPN3k - Tunnel Drops

Matthew Melbourne

Is anyone successfully using the IOS EzVPN Client to connect to a VPN
Concentrator? I am attempting to get an 837 to reliably connect to a VPN
Concentrator (running 3.6.8A) in Network Extension Mode. The EzVPN client
router is running 12.3(7)T1.

The connection is established, but drops after a period of time, usually
after a period of non-activity, where no traffic traverses the IPSec
tunnel. The only fix appears to be to issue "clear crypto ipsec client
ezvpn", or a reload of the Concentrator appears to force a tunnel
re-establishment (even though the remote endpoint is not listed in the
Concentrator's active sessions).

Other code revisions, 12.3(7)T and 12.3(4)T4 have been tried with the same
results. I have disabled idle timeouts in the Group configuration of the
Concentrator, but that hasn't had an effect. Group and user XAUTH
authentication is configured, but I've also disabled XAUTH

Cheers,

Matt

--
Matthew Melbourne