Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > LOAD BALANCING ON ETH0 n ETH1

LOAD BALANCING ON ETH0 n ETH1

Urban_legend

Hi,
I am getting 2 MBPS from my ISP on the serial port of my router. I
have two Ethernet ports, I want to give 1 MBPS to one Ethernet port
and 1 MBPS to other Ethernet port. I wish to use two Ethernet ports to
two different network. Please advice me how to configure this on the
Cisco router.
Router Model is Cisco 2615 and the IOS version is 12.2(T10.
I really need some help here.
Thnx in Advance,
Legend.

Johnny Routin

Shouldn't you be paying a consultant for this type of information? Many
people invest 10s of thousand of dollars in their education to provide
solutions like this. Why should someone design it for you for free?

JR
--
Johnny Routin

-

"Urban_legend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
> I am getting 2 MBPS from my ISP on the serial port of my router. I
> have two Ethernet ports, I want to give 1 MBPS to one Ethernet port
> and 1 MBPS to other Ethernet port. I wish to use two Ethernet ports to
> two different network. Please advice me how to configure this on the
> Cisco router.
> Router Model is Cisco 2615 and the IOS version is 12.2(T10.
> I really need some help here.
> Thnx in Advance,
> Legend.

Matt

Try a load balancing solution...
You can either throttle the connection at the router or use something
like a packeteer.

Urban_legend wrote:

> Hi,
> I am getting 2 MBPS from my ISP on the serial port of my router. I
> have two Ethernet ports, I want to give 1 MBPS to one Ethernet port
> and 1 MBPS to other Ethernet port. I wish to use two Ethernet ports to
> two different network. Please advice me how to configure this on the
> Cisco router.
> Router Model is Cisco 2615 and the IOS version is 12.2(T10.
> I really need some help here.
> Thnx in Advance,
> Legend.

Phillip Remaker

You want to look up the "rate-limit" or "traffic-shape" commands in the
docs.

Joce

Johnny Routin wrote:

> Shouldn't you be paying a consultant for this type of information? Many
> people invest 10s of thousand of dollars in their education to provide
> solutions like this. Why should someone design it for you for free?
>

> JR
> --
> Johnny Routin
>

> -
>

> "Urban_legend" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Hi,
>> I am getting 2 MBPS from my ISP on the serial port of my router. I
>> have two Ethernet ports, I want to give 1 MBPS to one Ethernet port
>> and 1 MBPS to other Ethernet port. I wish to use two Ethernet ports to
>> two different network. Please advice me how to configure this on the
>> Cisco router.
>> Router Model is Cisco 2615 and the IOS version is 12.2(T10.
>> I really need some help here.
>> Thnx in Advance,
>> Legend.

And I guess you're a consultant. This guy was asking us to help him... not
to give him a full config.

Have a nice day