Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Does a Python Sound Library exist?

Does a Python Sound Library exist?

gohaku

Hi everyone,
I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
no longer available.

Thanks in advance.
-gohaku

Hemanth P.S.

For extracting .MP3 ID3 tags, you can
find code snippets to do that in the excellent free online Python book
<http://diveintopython.org> on a chapter on Objects and Object Orientation.
You can cook up a similar thing for .WAV headers (if you know the .wav format)

--Hemanth P.S.

gohaku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi everyone,
> I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
> retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
> I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
> no longer available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -gohaku

zebez

gohaku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi everyone,
> I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
> retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
> I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
> no longer available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -gohaku

I don't know if this is what your looking for but it's a python
wrapper for fmod (http://www.fmod.org/):

http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ckage_id=88928

though it hasn't been updated for almost a year.

jmdeschamps

gohaku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi everyone,
> I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
> retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
> I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
> no longer available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -gohaku

There is TkSnack
http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

Good luck,

Jean-Marc

R.Marquez

gohaku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi everyone,
> I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
> retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.
> I came across the page for Pythonware Sound Toolkit but that toolkit is
> no longer available.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> -gohaku

The good old Vault has a few pointers for you:

http://py.vaults.ca/parnassus/apyllo.py/63131194

-Ruben

Matthias Huening

gohaku <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Hi everyone,
> I would like to know if there is a sound library for manipulating and
> retrieving information from .WAV or .MP3 Files.

I don't know if that is what you are looking for, but I just
saw the announcement of PyMedia on this list:
http://pymedia.sourceforge.net

Matthias