Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Re: python.org CMS

Re: python.org CMS

Neil Benn

Denis S. Otkidach wrote:

>On 8 Jun 2004, Aahz wrote:
>
>A> The team for www.python.org is taking another crack at
>A> considering a
>A> content management system for handling the website's content.
>A> This is
>A> particularly important considering, for example, how far
>A> beind we are in
>A> posting job ads -- getting the community to do our grunt work
>A> for us is
>A> the primary motivator.
>A>
><snip>

Hello,

I administer a site (http://www.elrig.org) using postnuke
(http://www.postnuke.com), it's very easy to use and can be customised
using PHP. It does have limitations (as do all CMS packages) but it
really does cut down the amount of time I have to spend mucking around
with the site.

Cheers,

Neil

--

Neil Benn
Senior Automation Engineer

Tel : +49 (0)351 4173 154
e-mail : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Aahz

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Neil Benn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I administer a site (http://www.elrig.org) using postnuke
>(http://www.postnuke.com), it's very easy to use and can be customised
>using PHP. It does have limitations (as do all CMS packages) but it
>really does cut down the amount of time I have to spend mucking around
>with the site.

I'm pretty sure that nobody will be greatly surprised that an unwritten
criterion was that the solution needs to be Python-based.

Anthony Baxter

Aahz wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
> Neil Benn <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> I administer a site (http://www.elrig.org) using postnuke
>>(http://www.postnuke.com), it's very easy to use and can be customised
>>using PHP. It does have limitations (as do all CMS packages) but it
>>really does cut down the amount of time I have to spend mucking around
>>with the site.

> I'm pretty sure that nobody will be greatly surprised that an unwritten
> criterion was that the solution needs to be Python-based.

Speaking as someone who does a middling amount of fiddling with
python.org as part of the release process, I will be _very_ cranky
if I have to touch PHP.

Say no to toy languages.

Anthony, intolerant.

--
Anthony Baxter <(E-Mail Removed)>

Help CiscoWorks 2.5 and CMS devices UnH0Ly Cisco 1 07-13-2005 12:35 AM
CMS problem with ftp marcelo@there.com Cisco 0 05-24-2005 11:14 PM
FREE CMS? Luis E Valencia ASP .Net 2 05-19-2004 12:16 PM
CMS deployment JohnNews Cisco 0 11-25-2003 01:36 AM
CMS on Cat 3550 JohnNews Cisco 1 11-20-2003 11:40 PM

Advertisments