Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python IDLE Question

Python IDLE Question

tony.ha@philips.com

Hello,

I have a question about Python IDLE, when I run a Python script under the
Edit Window of IDLE, i.e Run -> Run Module,
I have the following Message:

IDLE 1.0.3

Warning: HOME environment variable points to
C:
but the path does not exist.
================================ RESTART ================================

1. What does this Warning about? Do I need to set my HOME variable to
some where else?
If so, where?

2. "but the path does not exist" What does this refer to? what path?

NOTE: I run Python IDLE under Windows XP, and I check the environment
variable, there is NO HOME variable in the environment!

By the way, the scripts run ok under IDLE, just curiosity about this
message!

vincent wehren

> Hello,
>
> I have a question about Python IDLE, when I run a Python script under the
> Edit Window of IDLE, i.e Run -> Run Module,
> I have the following Message:
>
> IDLE 1.0.3
>
> Warning: HOME environment variable points to
> C:
> but the path does not exist.

What do you get when you do the following in your Python shell?

>> import os
>> userDir = os.path.expanduser("~")
>> print userDir

Vincent Wehren