Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to get process info from python

How to get process info from python

Gardner Pomper

Hi,

I have another newbie question for the list. I have some python scripts that
need to look at the list of processes running on the system. I am currently
just spawning a 'ps' and parsing the output. Are there any existing python
modules to do this? It would be particularly handy to have it be more
platform independent than my solution, which works only on AIX.

- Gardner

vs

"Gardner Pomper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Hi,
>
> I have another newbie question for the list. I have some python scripts that
> need to look at the list of processes running on the system. I am currently
> just spawning a 'ps' and parsing the output. Are there any existing python
> modules to do this? It would be particularly handy to have it be more
> platform independent than my solution, which works only on AIX.
>
> - Gardner

Try the os,sys modules that comes with python. They help u in
interfacing with the OS directly.
- vinodh