Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Python Crypto Question

Python Crypto Question

Maboroshi

Hi I was interested if there was a way to encrypt common ports on my
computer like port 80: and my FTP port on the Client side using Python

Forgive me if this sounds like an amatuer question but I don't know to much
about this

I understand I can access secure servers that offer this encryption

but when I recieve information from a server is it possible for my computer
to download it anonomously and have it encrypted. So basically the server
can't see that I am there and any information passed from my computer to
that server for a request, that server log or whatever would just be a bunch
of numbers appearing. I understand that a proxie might make me anonymous

does this make sense

I would like to program something like this if it is a plausible idea

Thanks in advance

Lucas Raab

"Maboroshi" <n/a> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi I was interested if there was a way to encrypt common ports on my
> computer like port 80: and my FTP port on the Client side using Python
>
> Forgive me if this sounds like an amatuer question but I don't know to

much
> about this
>
> I understand I can access secure servers that offer this encryption
>
> but when I recieve information from a server is it possible for my

computer
> to download it anonomously and have it encrypted. So basically the server
> can't see that I am there and any information passed from my computer to
> that server for a request, that server log or whatever would just be a

bunch
> of numbers appearing. I understand that a proxie might make me anonymous
>
> does this make sense
>
> I would like to program something like this if it is a plausible idea
>
> Thanks in advance

You might want to check out PyCrypto 1.9a6 at
http://twisted.sourceforge.net/contr...in32-py2.3.exe and
PyOpenSSL 0.5.1 at
http://twisted.sourceforge.net/contr...in32-py2.3.exe for
some encryption algorithms.