Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Reset Cisco 1005 router to factory defaults?

Reset Cisco 1005 router to factory defaults?

Noozer

We have a Cisco 1005 router that is not booting up properly and we'd like to
troubleshoot it before declaring it defective.

During boot, the console connection simply keeps repeating the same two line
message over and over again. (It isn't connected and I don't have the
message handy). I will be connecting up to it this evening and add more
details regarding the issue. IOS is v10.3 and is supposedly good.

Is there a way to reset this unit to factory defaults?

Noozer

The message that keeps repeating is:

System Bootstrap, Version 5.3.2(9) [vatran 9], RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Copyright (c) 1994 by cisco Systems, Inc.

....and it doesn't matter if the flash memory card is installed or not.

I do have a laptop with PCMCIA slots (as well as a 2600 series router with
empty PCMCIA slot), so I should be able to verify and/or update the flash
card. I'm not familiar with doing this though, so I haven't tried it in the
laptop.

Any suggestions folks? (PLEASE? It's for the wife!)