Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Search and extract text in MS Word

Search and extract text in MS Word

questioner

Hello everyone,

I want to find text and extract a rest of line after the found line till
line end.
Does anyone know how to do this?

Regards,

P.S. My code looks like this so far:
word = win32com.client.Dispatch("Word.Application")
doc = word.Documents.Add(filenamePath.doc)
search = doc.Content.Find
?... and then ... ?

Thomas Guettler

Am Tue, 25 May 2004 09:30:07 -0400 schrieb questioner:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I want to find text and extract a rest of line after the found line till
> line end.
> Does anyone know how to do this?

Hi,

I use wvware to extract the plain text of ms-word.

Then you can use the string methods of the standard
library.

This way you don't need win32 and it can run on unix, too.

http://wvware.sourceforge.net/

HTH,
thomas