Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problem concerning pyparallel

Problem concerning pyparallel

Harald Schreiber

Hi,
When trying to install the pyparallel-software under Windows98SE I got an
errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
Can someone there out give me some explanations?

Harald Schreiber

John Roth

"Harald Schreiber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c8qqp4$u1$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
> Hi,
> When trying to install the pyparallel-software under Windows98SE I got an
> errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
> Can someone there out give me some explanations?

I believe that's either the compiler or the linker. Do you
have Visual Studio installed? Or else either Cygwin or MinGW?

John Roth

> Harald Schreiber

Chris Liechti

Harald Schreiber <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:c8qqp4$u1$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com:

> Hi,
> When trying to install the pyparallel-software under Windows98SE I got an
> errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
> Can someone there out give me some explanations?

in case your talking about my extension with that name, it requires to
build a .pyd extenstion. either you download the binary distribution from
pyserial.sf.net or compile it on your own. you dont seem to have the M$
compiler, but youc an also use cygwin (i do) or mingw. in both cases run
python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 install

chris

--
Chris <(E-Mail Removed)>

Harald Schreiber

John Roth wrote:

> "Harald Schreiber" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:c8qqp4$u1$01$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...
>> Hi,
>> When trying to install the pyparallel-software under Windows98SE I got an
>> errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
>> Can someone there out give me some explanations?

> I believe that's either the compiler or the linker. Do you
> have Visual Studio installed? Or else either Cygwin or MinGW?

Neither.
I'll try it, thank you so far!