Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > SDM - Security Device Manager

SDM - Security Device Manager

JohnNews

Hello:

Recently discovered and read articles on CISCO Security Device Manager (SDM)
and PIX Device Manager (PDM) software.
In the past I have used Cisco's ConfigMaker.

* Can any one make a quick comparison between SDM and ConfigMaker ? Which
is better ?

* Just wondering if SDM, PDM are available for free download from Cisco's
web site or must I check with the reseller/vendor ?

Thanks,
John.

Ravikumar Eswaran

Hi,

On a brief note,

Cisco ConfigMaker doesn't support or will not support any new routers.
There are no plans to add any new features.

SDM is the one you need to consider. SDM is used to manage/configure one
single router. You cannot design networks as in Cisco ConfigMaker.

SDM is available for free download. But your router need to have enough
flash to accomodate it.

www.cisco.com/go/sdm

Ravikumar

JohnNews wrote:
> Hello:
>

> Recently discovered and read articles on CISCO Security Device Manager (SDM)
> and PIX Device Manager (PDM) software.
> In the past I have used Cisco's ConfigMaker.
>

> * Can any one make a quick comparison between SDM and ConfigMaker ? Which
> is better ?
>

> * Just wondering if SDM, PDM are available for free download from Cisco's
> web site or must I check with the reseller/vendor ?
>

> Thanks,
> John.

JohnAbraham JohnAbraham is offline
Junior Member

hi

i don't have CCO account on cisco site. and i need SDM software for practice.

can anyone help me that how can i get SDM freely?

awaiting...

John