Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > error in setup script: invalid distribution option 'windows'

error in setup script: invalid distribution option 'windows'

Max Riedel

Hi!

I'm totally new to this group and I'm not familliar with coding in python.
It would be very nice if you could just explian this error to me.
I wanted to compile a Bittorrent python project using py2exe, but I got this
error.
I installed python22 and wxpython for python22 and py2exe for python22..
Now when I use the console and type python winsetup.py (the setup script)
py2exe
I get an error: "invalid distribution option 'windows'.
Is this easy to fix?
Thnx a lot for any help!