Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Tree control with TKinter

Tree control with TKinter

Marco Terzuoli

Hi,
I would like to implement a tree control inside a Python application. It
should be similar to GTK's TreeStore widget, but I need it for TKinter.
Any ideas?
thanks
Marco

Eric Brunel

Marco Terzuoli wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to implement a tree control inside a Python application. It
> should be similar to GTK's TreeStore widget, but I need it for TKinter.
> Any ideas?
> thanks
> Marco

There is a tree widget in IDLE, which is part of all Python distribution. With
Python 2.1, it's located under Tools/idle in the Python installation directory
and is named TreeWidget.py. AFAIK, there's no documentation for it, but it is
quite easy to use and also includes an example application.

There are many others alternatives around; Google is your friend.

HTH

klappnase

Eric Brunel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<c8f3e9$5dt$(E-Mail Removed)>...
> Marco Terzuoli wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to implement a tree control inside a Python application. It
> > should be similar to GTK's TreeStore widget, but I need it for TKinter.
> > Any ideas?
> > thanks
> > Marco

> There is a tree widget in IDLE, which is part of all Python distribution. With
> Python 2.1, it's located under Tools/idle in the Python installation directory
> and is named TreeWidget.py. AFAIK, there's no documentation for it, but it is
> quite easy to use and also includes an example application.
>
> There are many others alternatives around; Google is your friend.
>
> HTH

Check out Gene Cash´s tree widget, it beats far Idle´s tree and all
the others I have seen:

http://home.cfl.rr.com/genecash/tree.html

Regards

Michael