Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Port Utilization for Catalyst 4000

Port Utilization for Catalyst 4000

Gabe

Hello,

I have a Catalyst 4000 running the CatOS. I am looking for a way to
find my bandwidth utilization for each port to establish a baseline
before we implement VIoP next month.

I have been using the TopN Reports, but these don't seem to be the
best way to go about it.

My questions are:

1.) Is there a better way to document baseline bandwidth utilization
then with the TopN Reports?

2.) If answer #1 is No (or not really) is there a way to transfer all
the accumulated reports off of the switch to a TFTP server?

Thanks for any answers in advance.
-Gabe

Buzz Lightbeer

"Gabe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> Hello,
>
> I have a Catalyst 4000 running the CatOS. I am looking for a way to
> find my bandwidth utilization for each port to establish a baseline
> before we implement VIoP next month.
>
> I have been using the TopN Reports, but these don't seem to be the
> best way to go about it.
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1.) Is there a better way to document baseline bandwidth utilization
> then with the TopN Reports?
>
> 2.) If answer #1 is No (or not really) is there a way to transfer all
> the accumulated reports off of the switch to a TFTP server?
>
> Thanks for any answers in advance.
> -Gabe

If you have money to spend then have a look at the SolarWinds suite.
Otherwise you could try MRTG.

BL
--
We should silence anyone who opposes the right to freedom of speech. - Sir
Boyle Roche

ec

"Buzz Lightbeer" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40897b81$0$20509$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Gabe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a Catalyst 4000 running the CatOS. I am looking for a way to
> > find my bandwidth utilization for each port to establish a baseline
> > before we implement VIoP next month.
> >
> > I have been using the TopN Reports, but these don't seem to be the
> > best way to go about it.
> >
> > My questions are:
> >
> > 1.) Is there a better way to document baseline bandwidth utilization
> > then with the TopN Reports?
> >
> > 2.) If answer #1 is No (or not really) is there a way to transfer all
> > the accumulated reports off of the switch to a TFTP server?
> >
> > Thanks for any answers in advance.
> > -Gabe

> If you have money to spend then have a look at the SolarWinds suite.
> Otherwise you could try MRTG.
>
> BL
> --
> We should silence anyone who opposes the right to freedom of speech. - Sir
> Boyle Roche

I love my SolarWinds EE. Best group of tools ever.