Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > OT: Idea for Python T-shirt

OT: Idea for Python T-shirt

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:03:13 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
<(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:

>> [snip "nibbles exploding with desire"]
>>

>>>Also, I don't get it...

>> Based on the hungarian phrase-book sketch from the Flying Circus... "my
>> nipples explode with desire!"

>Yeah, that part was obvious (to an MP fan). But why the bit-eating
>snake then? It's gratuitous at that point. Oh, wait, were the ones
>and zeros supposed to be "exploded nibbles"? That's a reach...

Well, I won't pretend that my pun was cleverly funny, I'll just say that
I thought it was simply funny... My whole idea was of Python processing
happily data, which grouped in fours were nibbles, and there came the
pun of s/p/b/g as Tim said; the "desire" instead of "delight" part of
course was a misteak due to weak memory.

PS I would gladly buy an "import this" T-shirt too. I think that
T-shirts could be an alternative income source for PSF.
--
TZOTZIOY, I speak England very best,
Ils sont fous ces Redmontains! --Harddix

Peter Hansen

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou wrote:

> On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:03:13 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
> <(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:
>>>

> Well, I won't pretend that my pun was cleverly funny, I'll just say that
> I thought it was simply funny... My whole idea was of Python processing
> happily data, which grouped in fours were nibbles,

Believe it or not, I missed the connection between "grouped in fours"
and "nibbles". Duh...

> PS I would gladly buy an "import this" T-shirt too. I think that
> T-shirts could be an alternative income source for PSF.

Agreed. I'd buy two!

-Peter

Mel Wilson

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On Tue, 11 May 2004 15:03:13 -0400, rumours say that Peter Hansen
><(E-Mail Removed)> might have written:
>
>>> [snip "nibbles exploding with desire"]

>>> Based on the hungarian phrase-book sketch from the Flying Circus... "my
>>> nipples explode with desire!"

>>Yeah, that part was obvious (to an MP fan). But why the bit-eating
>>snake then? It's gratuitous at that point. Oh, wait, were the ones
>>and zeros supposed to be "exploded nibbles"? That's a reach...

>Well, I won't pretend that my pun was cleverly funny, I'll just say that
>I thought it was simply funny... My whole idea was of Python processing
>happily data, which grouped in fours were nibbles, and there came the
>pun of s/p/b/g as Tim said; the "desire" instead of "delight" part of
>course was a misteak due to weak memory.

Actually, the first thing I thought of was the
after-dinner mint scene from "Meaning of Life".

Regards. Mel.

Graham Fawcett

Christos "TZOTZIOY" Georgiou <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
> (Don't mind me, my frequent late night "I should be sleeping by now"
> brainstorm)
>
> A python smiling, its body curled in the background, 1's and 0's visible
> in its body visibly grouped in fours, and below the slogan:
>
> "With Python your nibbles explode with desire"
>
> I'll do one for myself

Personally, I wouldn't post an announcement to Usenet that I'm about
to "do one for myself", even when my nibbles /are/ exploding with
desire. Maybe it's a cultural difference; Anglo-Canadians can be
pretty modest about such things.

Oh, you were talking about the t-shirt...

-- Graham