Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Is IronPython open source or not ?

Is IronPython open source or not ?

CHEN Benfeng

I am interested in IronPython and want to have a study on the source
code. But I cannot find any download link in the homepage of IronPython.

--
Best Regards

Terry Reedy

"CHEN Benfeng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:c7cehg$stq$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am interested in IronPython and want to have a study on the source
> code. But I cannot find any download link in the homepage of IronPython.

I read somewhere that the author has not yet released code.

tjr

Duncan Booth

"CHEN Benfeng" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:c7cehg$stq$(E-Mail Removed):

> I am interested in IronPython and want to have a study on the source
> code. But I cannot find any download link in the homepage of IronPython.

The source code has not been released, so all the information is what you
find on the homepage.

You might also be interested in my 'Python on .Net' talk from this year's
ACCU conference. Although I haven't seen IronPython any more than anyone
else, I was working on a similar port and I believe I used similar
solutions to many of the issues. See
http://www.suttoncourtenay.org.uk/duncan/accu for the slides and
background paper for my talk.

Michael Hudson

"CHEN Benfeng" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> I am interested in IronPython and want to have a study on the source
> code. But I cannot find any download link in the homepage of IronPython.

I don't think it's publically released at all; source, binary; free or
at cost.

Cheers,
mwh

--
If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them
down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.