Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > problem with fnidl

problem with fnidl

Gelo Ilzi

I installed fnorb (python corba) on my PC (WinXP). For some unclear reason
fnidl (idl to python interpretator) does nothing. It doesn't produce any
warning, error message. Project skeleton isn't built also.

Any idea what's wrong?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22Martin_v=2E_L=F6wis=22?=

Gelo Ilzi wrote:
> I installed fnorb (python corba) on my PC (WinXP). For some unclear reason
> fnidl (idl to python interpretator) does nothing. It doesn't produce any
> warning, error message. Project skeleton isn't built also.
>
> Any idea what's wrong?

Most likely, you don't have Visual C++ installed, so it can't invoke
the C++ preprocessor to process the IDL files. Try using the internal
preprocessor.

Regards,
Martin