Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Cisco 2522 reverse telnet

Cisco 2522 reverse telnet

Toby

Does anyone know if the serial ports on a 2522 router can be used for
reverse telnet, and if so how to wire the cables up for console access to
other routers?

I am setting up a lab for CCNA/P practice but currently have to have it near
the PC to keep moving the console cable, and want to move it to a remote
location in the house. i.e. connect 2522 from the ethernet port and reverse
telnet into the other boxes. I have being trying to get a 2511 for this but
are hard to get on a budget.

Thanks

Toby

Aaron Leonard

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:22:44 +0100, "Toby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

~ Does anyone know if the serial ports on a 2522 router can be used for
~ reverse telnet, and if so how to wire the cables up for console access to
~ other routers?

You can use the 2522's aux for this, and also you can use the 2522's
eight low-speed serials for async (but not the two high-speed serials.)
To use a low-speed serial, you will need the EIA/TIA-232 cable (see
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/...m#xtocid292849)
then use an applicable DB25-to-RJ45 adapter to cable to the console.
See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/p...d85.shtml#db25 .
As far as the pinouts, for console connections, you really only need
to make sure that each side transmits on the other's receive, and
that signal ground gets thru.

Aaron

---

~ I am setting up a lab for CCNA/P practice but currently have to have it near
~ the PC to keep moving the console cable, and want to move it to a remote
~ location in the house. i.e. connect 2522 from the ethernet port and reverse
~ telnet into the other boxes. I have being trying to get a 2511 for this but
~ are hard to get on a budget.
~
~ Thanks
~