Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Newbie: Create Executable from single script file

Newbie: Create Executable from single script file

Piet

Hello,
I wrote a python script with a GUI made from wxPython which handles
XML files via pyXml. I would like to use that app on a computer which
does not have a python installation (and will probably not get one
easily).
I went (or better ran) through the documentation of the distutils and
had a brief look at the py2exe page on sourceforge, but I couldnīt
find a detailed description for my particular problem.
I donīt want to make a well-documented module for distribution and
general use by others, I also do not need anything that makes the
installation of my program easy, I do not need any extra files apart
from my script (and of course the modules that are imported), I just
want to have my single script file run on a machine without python. Is
there a simple and fast solution for that? Unfortunatly, I do not have
the VC++ compiler, only the nmake-utility (which I have never used
before and of which I do not even know the exact purpose).
Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Piet

Dennis Reinhardt

> from my script (and of course the modules that are imported), I just
> want to have my single script file run on a machine without python. Is

See http://www.spamai.com/hello.php for a Windows project to say "Hello" in
Python. The method can be applied to other projects.

--
Dennis Reinhardt
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) http://www.spamai.com?ng_python

simo

If you just want a single file executable then look at McMillan
Installer for www.mcmillan-inc.com (mirrored at
www.the-jedi.co.uk/comps/downloads)

Otherwise stick with py2exe and create a Setup.exe using InnoSetup.