Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Where to put the HTMLgen files

Where to put the HTMLgen files

dont bother

Hi,
I have downloaded the HTMLgen for generating web pages
with python. However I untared and unzipped it. I
tried to link it with my path like this:

Heres my .bashrc file
--------------------------------------

GAIM=/usr/bin/
YAHOO=/usr/bin/
PYTHON=/usr/bin
HTMLgenPYTHON=/usr/local/HTMLgen
PATH=$PATH:$GAIM/gaim:$YAHOO/ymessenger:$PYTHON/python:$HTMLgenPYTHON

export PATH GAIM YAHOO PYTHON HTMLgenPYTHON

---------------------------------------

It does not work. When I write a python program and
include :

import HTMLgen

it does not finds this module. Can anyone tell me
where should I place this HTMLgen directory? and how
to make it work?

Thanks
Dont

Peter Otten

dont bother wrote:

> It does not work. When I write a python program and
> include :
>
> import HTMLgen
>
> it does not finds this module. Can anyone tell me
> where should I place this HTMLgen directory? and how
> to make it work?

Put HTMLgen.py directly into the site-packages directory of your python
installation, e. g. /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/
or include the directory containing HTMLgen.py in the python search path by
defining an environment variable

PYTHONPATH=/dir/containing/my/module/

or put a text file dontbother.pth (only the suffix is important) containing

/dir/containing/my/module/

into a folder already in the python module search path, e. g. the
site-packages mentioned above.

Peter