Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Distutils and scripts in a non standard place

Distutils and scripts in a non standard place

Andrew Wilkinson

Hi,

I've have some example scripts that I'd like to install under /usr/share
along with my documentation. Currently I'm doing this using...
data_files=[("/usr/share/pylinda/examples/", glob.glob("examples/*.py"))]
....in my setup.py. This doesn't treat them as executable scripts however and
as such doesn't modify the #! line nor does it mark them as executable.

Is there anyway of getting distutils to do this without resorting to the
scripts command, which puts them under /usr/bin?

Thanks in advance for any help,
Andrew Wilkinson

--
Vegetarians eat Vegetables, BEWARE the man who claims to be a Humanitarian.