Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > asp script engine registrition

asp script engine registrition

jianchiwei

question:
I run
c:\python23\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
and it told me
Registered: Python
Registration of Python ActiveX Scripting Engine complete.

But, when I run a asp script

<%@LANGUAGE=Python%>
<HTML>
<head></head>
<h1>Python - Test</h1>

I still get
HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
caused by the first line of code "<%@LANGUAGE=Python%>".
It seems to me that python script engine is not correctly registered.
Could someone help me on this please?
Thanks
J.W.

Tom

jianchiwei wrote...

> question:
> I run
> c:\python23\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
> and it told me
> Registered: Python
> Registration of Python ActiveX Scripting Engine complete.
>
> But, when I run a asp script
>
> <%@LANGUAGE=Python%>
> <HTML>

<% @LANGUAGE="Python" %>

??

> I still get
> HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
> caused by the first line of code "<%@LANGUAGE=Python%>".
> It seems to me that python script engine is not correctly registered.
> Could someone help me on this please?
> Thanks
> J.W.

Mark Hammond

jianchiwei wrote:
> question:
> I run
> c:\python23\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\axscript\client\pyscript.py
> and it told me
> Registered: Python
> Registration of Python ActiveX Scripting Engine complete.
>
> But, when I run a asp script
>
> <%@LANGUAGE=Python%>
> <HTML>
> <head></head>
> <h1>Python - Test</h1>

> I still get
> HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error
> caused by the first line of code "<%@LANGUAGE=Python%>".
> It seems to me that python script engine is not correctly registered.
> Could someone help me on this please?

Do the sample .asp files work? If so, then you should be able to work
out what is wrong by comparing them. If not, try registering the engine
with "--debug" on the command-line, then use Pythonwin's "Tools->Remote
Trace Collector" - hopefully you will see a traceback with the specific
problem.

Mark.