Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > RE: Path ... where is my application's home dir?

RE: Path ... where is my application's home dir?

JanC

"Roger Binns" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef:

> You can compare with Google where you can see their worldwide figures
> for March: http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html
> They have 22% for Windows 98, which seems to take proportionally
> from the figures in my stats.

At least, they are pretty close to my guess...

> Of course we don't know what percentage of people configure their
> browsers to lie.

And:
- what percentage of people have a PC and no internet access...
- what percentage have a PC & internet at work but aren't allowed to use it
for visiting your site (or other non-work-related sites).
- etc.

--
JanC

Peter Hansen

JanC wrote:

> "Roger Binns" <(E-Mail Removed)> schreef:
>>You can compare with Google where you can see their worldwide figures
>>for March: http://www.google.com/press/zeitgeist.html
>>They have 22% for Windows 98, which seems to take proportionally
>>from the figures in my stats.

> At least, they are pretty close to my guess...
>
>>Of course we don't know what percentage of people configure their
>>browsers to lie.

> And:
> - what percentage of people have a PC and no internet access...
> - what percentage have a PC & internet at work but aren't allowed to use it
> for visiting your site (or other non-work-related sites).
> - etc.

And, finally, what percentage of any of these subsets are likely
customers for Jorge, Yermat, you or me?

(It likely includes very few of those with a PC but no internet
access and, I would propose, it also includes only a small subset
of those still stuck with Win98.)

-Peter