Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > x25 over vpn with ospf

x25 over vpn with ospf

Jared Izatt

I am trying to implement a VPN between two branches. We currently have a
leased line, frame relay circuit running between the branches. I am able to
get the VPN tunnel up and running over the new circuit, but I cannot get x25
traffic to travel over the tunnel. Does it have something to do with the
ospf routing we have set up, or is it something else? I have tried using
xot to the Ethernet interfaces of the two routers, but that has not worked
either. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jared

Chris Gumm

Do you have an x25 route in? is x25 routing enabled?

"Jared Izatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40855793$0$46514$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I am trying to implement a VPN between two branches. We currently have a
> leased line, frame relay circuit running between the branches. I am able

> get the VPN tunnel up and running over the new circuit, but I cannot get

x25
> traffic to travel over the tunnel. Does it have something to do with the
> ospf routing we have set up, or is it something else? I have tried using
> xot to the Ethernet interfaces of the two routers, but that has not worked
> either. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jared

Jared Izatt

I have x25 routing enabled. What do you mean by an x25 route in? Sorry, I
am a noob at this stuff.
Thanks for your help.

Jared

"Chris Gumm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40855ba7$0$49463$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Do you have an x25 route in? is x25 routing enabled?
>

> "Jared Izatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40855793$0$46514$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > I am trying to implement a VPN between two branches. We currently have

> > leased line, frame relay circuit running between the branches. I am

able
> > get the VPN tunnel up and running over the new circuit, but I cannot get

> x25
> > traffic to travel over the tunnel. Does it have something to do with

the
> > ospf routing we have set up, or is it something else? I have tried

using
> > xot to the Ethernet interfaces of the two routers, but that has not

worked
> > either. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jared

Chris G.

Well the command looks like this:
x25 route x25 Dest. Addy xot IP addy of remote device for example:
x25 route ^111111 xot 10.0.0.1

Then you will need a route in the other router:
x25 route x25 Dest addr interface serial.... what ever is connected to the
x25 host for example:

x25 route ^111111 interface serial0/0

Might want to look at the x25 route command on ciscos website. Osph
shouldn't cause any problems with x25or XOT.

"Jared Izatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40856ca3$0$46518$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> I have x25 routing enabled. What do you mean by an x25 route in? Sorry,

> am a noob at this stuff.
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jared
>
> "Chris Gumm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40855ba7$0$49463$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Do you have an x25 route in? is x25 routing enabled?
> >

> > "Jared Izatt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:40855793$0$46514$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> > > I am trying to implement a VPN between two branches. We currently

have
> > > leased line, frame relay circuit running between the branches. I am

> able
> > > get the VPN tunnel up and running over the new circuit, but I cannot

get
> > x25
> > > traffic to travel over the tunnel. Does it have something to do with

> the
> > > ospf routing we have set up, or is it something else? I have tried

> using
> > > xot to the Ethernet interfaces of the two routers, but that has not

> worked
> > > either. Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Jared

x25 over isdn-2 d-channel / KPN Digi access Danick Veenstra Cisco 0 01-31-2005 09:23 PM
Redistribute static to OSPF, overriding the slower OSPF-native route? E.Finlayson Cisco 0 09-10-2004 02:13 PM
X25 over a tunnel Jared Cisco 2 04-12-2004 08:45 PM
X25 over IP to a Solaris server Schmuck Cisco 0 11-11-2003 09:19 PM

Advertisments