Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > TNSSA

TNSSA

Schmuck

What, in the name of which ever deity you pray to, is a Totally No So Stubby Area?

Any weblinks with detailed descriptions/examples would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Matt

Beto

It's an NSSA that doesn't allow summary LSAs.

Beto

In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, yamahasw40
@latinmail.com says...
> What, in the name of which ever deity you pray to, is a Totally No So Stubby Area?
>
> Any weblinks with detailed descriptions/examples would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Matt

Schmuck

Thanks.

So about the curtness of the first message. One of those "I want to
kill my boss" days.

So no types 3,4 or 5. Only 7 (which get converted to 5 at the ABR?)

I'm guessing there is still a type 3 with a default route to the ABR,
but how are routes to the extra link (not sure of the correct
terminology.. but the bit that makes it a NSSA not a regular Stub
area) advertised?

Is this a standard or Cisco proprietary?

Matt

Beto <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> It's an NSSA that doesn't allow summary LSAs.
>
> Beto
>
> In article <(E-Mail Removed) >, yamahasw40
> @latinmail.com says...
> > What, in the name of which ever deity you pray to, is a Totally No So Stubby Area?
> >
> > Any weblinks with detailed descriptions/examples would be very much appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Matt

Beto

er...not sure I get the question. Just try thinking of the TNSSA as a
totally stubby area with the added capability of having type 7 LSAs inside.