Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Are PIX software images interchangeable between models?

Are PIX software images interchangeable between models?

Petri

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows if the software images for Cisco PIX 501/506/515/5xx
are interchangeable?
Can an image for one model be used on any of the other models too?
I assume the 501 and 506 have x86 compliant processors too, but I don't know for
sure.

Petri

Joce

Petri wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wonder if anyone knows if the software images for Cisco PIX
> 501/506/515/5xx are interchangeable?
> Can an image for one model be used on any of the other models too?
> I assume the 501 and 506 have x86 compliant processors too, but I don't
> know for sure.
>

> Petri

Yes... they are all the same.

Petri

In article <4bRgc.27608$(E-Mail Removed)>, Joce says...
> Petri wrote:
>> I wonder if anyone knows if the software images for Cisco PIX
>> 501/506/515/5xx are interchangeable?
>> Can an image for one model be used on any of the other models too?

> Yes... they are all the same.

Great, thanks.

Petri