Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Problems using modulo

Problems using modulo

Griff

Mike,

Thanks for this. I haven't used %r before, in fact it doesn't even
seem to be mentioned in my "Python Essential Reference" book so I
probably wouldn't have come across it for ages.

I've since tried to run a similar piece of code on my 'C' compiler and
pretty quickly discovered/remembered that C doesn't allow you to do
modulo operations on floats full stop ... so I regard whatever Python
gives us as a bonus!

The quickest workaround I've found is to do
( round(t,5) % round(interval,5)) which seems to give the results I
need.

cheers

- Griff

Re: modulo seems not to work when using in index Pascal Peyremorte VHDL 0 12-23-2008 05:21 PM
[xsl] sort & modulo Tjerk Wolterink XML 3 04-22-2005 12:49 PM
Java ME modulo method ?? 900390d@acadiau.ca Java 1 05-19-2004 11:56 PM
Problems using modulo Griff Python 5 04-20-2004 12:20 PM
General modulo-question Christian Kruggel Java 1 07-07-2003 05:44 PM

Advertisments