Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > text storage: shelve vs anydbm vs ?

text storage: shelve vs anydbm vs ?

Anton Sherwood

Rather newbie question here.

My current project will build a database of solutions to a topology
problem, which I'll eventually put (readonly) on my website. The
entries are text of varying length. The keys are likewise of varying
length.

Is anydbm the way to go? Is shelve anything more than a wrapper for it?
Should I be looking at something else?

--
Anton Sherwood (prepend "1" to address)
http://www.ogre.nu/

Larry Bates

If MySQL is available on your website it is both
fast and stable. It is also very easy to call
from Python. Lots of ISPs also have admin
interfaces that make it easy to make ad-hoc
changes via web interface. Normally it is free.
If you are self hosted, the same is true.

Larry Bates
Syscon, Inc.

"Anton Sherwood" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rather newbie question here.
>
> My current project will build a database of solutions to a topology
> problem, which I'll eventually put (readonly) on my website. The
> entries are text of varying length. The keys are likewise of varying
> length.
>
> Is anydbm the way to go? Is shelve anything more than a wrapper for it?
> Should I be looking at something else?
>
> --
> Anton Sherwood (prepend "1" to address)
> http://www.ogre.nu/

anydbm biasing Eric S. Johansson Python 0 01-18-2005 09:53 PM
CGI, anydbm.open() and linux file permissions Derek Basch Python 1 01-11-2005 11:52 PM
error at "import anydbm" =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22C=E9dric_V=2E=22?= Python 4 01-14-2004 02:54 PM
anydbm bug ? Gary Richardson Python 2 12-05-2003 05:42 AM
Example code for anydbm wanted... John D. Python 0 08-04-2003 12:09 AM

Advertisments