Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > newbie question on gnuplot.py

newbie question on gnuplot.py

SunX

I've got python, Numeric, gnuplot all installed but am having a hard
time to install gnuplot.py correctly. Tried to follow the documents,
including the readme, ... but always getting "ImportError: No module
named gnuplot" or "ImportError: No module named Gnuplot". And my
directorey only has _Gnuplot.py, not Gnuplot anyway.
Help please.

peter

"SunX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I've got python, Numeric, gnuplot all installed but am having a hard
> time to install gnuplot.py correctly. Tried to follow the documents,
> including the readme, ... but always getting "ImportError: No module
> named gnuplot" or "ImportError: No module named Gnuplot". And my
> directorey only has _Gnuplot.py, not Gnuplot anyway.
> Help please.

you should probably look where Gnuplot.py got installed (have no idea what
platform you're on, or how you installed it) and make sure that this
directory is in your PYTHONPATH..

also, since you're looking at plotting packages, you might want to check out
matplotlib..
cheers.
peter

SunX

Thank you Peter, and I forgot to mention it is running on Win/2000 and
XP, both had the same problem. Also ran pgnuplot.exe, according to
README. Nothing worked. Has anyone had the luck of runnnig
gnuplot.py on windows?
Thanks again
Howard