Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 837 fault tolerant VPN

837 fault tolerant VPN

John Rennie

Our head office has two Internet lines on different routers with different IP
addresses. Can I set up the 837 at a branch office with two IPSEC VPNs to the
two different IP addresses, but with the same LAN subnet at the other end e.g.

Branch
192.168.1/24

WAN----------------Router1--------Head Office
\ 192.168.0/24
\--------------Router2-------/

The idea is that if Router1 at head office goes down the other VPN to Router2
will switch in as a backup.

JR

Erik Tamminga

Hi,

Yes you can setup such a topology. Have a look at
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk58...80093f85.shtml.
This example implements a single tunnel from the head office to the branch
office. Adding a second tunnel from the branch to the second router at the
head office adds the requested redundancy.

Erik

"John Rennie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Our head office has two Internet lines on different routers with different

IP
> addresses. Can I set up the 837 at a branch office with two IPSEC VPNs to

the
> two different IP addresses, but with the same LAN subnet at the other end

e.g.

> Branch
> 192.168.1/24
> |
> WAN----------------Router1--------Head Office
> \ 192.168.0/24
> \--------------Router2-------/
>
> The idea is that if Router1 at head office goes down the other VPN to

Router2
> will switch in as a backup.
>
> JR

Ravikumar Eswaran

Hi,

You can use Cisco Security Device Manager (Cisco SDM 1.1) to configure
GREoIPSec tunnels with backup.

It should make your life easy.

Ravikumar

John Rennie wrote:
> Our head office has two Internet lines on different routers with different IP
> addresses. Can I set up the 837 at a branch office with two IPSEC VPNs to the
> two different IP addresses, but with the same LAN subnet at the other end e.g.
>
> Branch
> 192.168.1/24
> |
> WAN----------------Router1--------Head Office
> \ 192.168.0/24
>
> The idea is that if Router1 at head office goes down the other VPN to Router2
> will switch in as a backup.
>
> JR

Using free space for more fault tolerant file systems. Skybuck Flying C Programming 8 09-28-2011 02:43 PM
Using free space for more fault tolerant file systems. Skybuck Flying Windows 64bit 8 09-28-2011 02:43 PM
Fault Tolerant TupleSpace? Don Stocks Ruby 0 07-10-2006 04:57 PM
Fault Tolerant DRb? Kirk Haines Ruby 6 07-01-2005 09:00 PM
Cisco--fault tolerant route tony Cisco 10 04-09-2004 10:45 AM

Advertisments