Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > Simple pyhon-based CMS

Simple pyhon-based CMS

Stewart Midwinter

I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?

I've looked at Zope / Plone: very easy to install using the rpm I
found. But it's obviously quite complex and powerful, which is no
doubt of benefit on a site that has many users. But I'm just one
person. All I want is a pythonic replacement for my current tool,
postNuke.

I looked at NewzBruiser: this would probably be simple enough, maybe
even too simple, but it requires that I enable SSI support on Apache,
something I seem to be unable to accomplish (I run SME server from
contribs.org and it uses a byzantine templating system for its
configuring, which leaves me in the dark on how to modify httpd.conf
there).

Any other ideas?

thanks
Stewart in Calgary

Chris Herborth

Stewart Midwinter wrote:
> I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
> maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
> too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?

A friend of mine is working on one called MangoBery
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/mangobery/), which is in use at several
sites... not sure if it meets your needs, but take a look.

> Stewart in Calgary

MangoBery's developer is in BC, so if you need to chat with him the time
zones won't screw you up.

--
Chris Herborth http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Documentation Overlord, CRYPTOCard Corp. http://www.cryptocard.com/

Chris Herborth

Chris Herborth wrote:

> Stewart Midwinter wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
>> maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
>> too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?

> A friend of mine is working on one called MangoBery
> (http://sourceforge.net/projects/mangobery/), which is in use at several
> sites... not sure if it meets your needs, but take a look.

Oh, wait, I just checked... it's written in PHP, which may or may not be a
problem for you. Sorry about that!

--
Chris Herborth (E-Mail Removed)
Documentation Overlord, CRYPTOCard Corp. http://www.cryptocard.com/
Never send a monster to do the work of an evil scientist.
Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis.

Derek

what about squishdot? I believe that sits under plone.

"Stewart Midwinter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
> maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
> too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?
>
> I've looked at Zope / Plone: very easy to install using the rpm I
> found. But it's obviously quite complex and powerful, which is no
> doubt of benefit on a site that has many users. But I'm just one
> person. All I want is a pythonic replacement for my current tool,
> postNuke.
>
> I looked at NewzBruiser: this would probably be simple enough, maybe
> even too simple, but it requires that I enable SSI support on Apache,
> something I seem to be unable to accomplish (I run SME server from
> contribs.org and it uses a byzantine templating system for its
> configuring, which leaves me in the dark on how to modify httpd.conf
> there).
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> thanks
> Stewart in Calgary

Mike C. Fletcher

I use CoreBlog (http://coreblog.org/) for my blog
(http://zope.vex.net/~mcfletch/plumbing/), it's very easy to use. Just
a product sitting in Zope, no CMS facilities (i.e. no workflow
mechanisms) that I've seen, but then you probably wouldn't want that for
something simple and blog-like.

Have fun,
Mike

>"Stewart Midwinter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed). com...
>

>>I'm looking for a simple python-based CMS (content management system),
>>maybe with some blog-like features, ability to add articles - nothing
>>too fancy. Do you have any suggestions?
>>
>>I've looked at Zope / Plone: very easy to install using the rpm I
>>found. But it's obviously quite complex and powerful, which is no
>>doubt of benefit on a site that has many users. But I'm just one
>>person. All I want is a pythonic replacement for my current tool,
>>postNuke.

Mike C. Fletcher
Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/

[OT] cms for simple shop imbirek8 HTML 1 11-24-2008 10:13 PM
Ultra-simple CMS for 1 page KiwiBrian HTML 4 05-19-2006 01:59 PM
Simple CMS for my site? Olav Tollefsen ASP .Net 1 08-04-2005 09:07 PM
looking for a simple CMS peter10 Java 2 08-20-2004 08:38 PM
Simple mark-up for CMS Geoff Soper XML 1 02-13-2004 02:25 PM

Advertisments