Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > recording sound from mic in Windows?

recording sound from mic in Windows?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Jorg_R=F8dsj=F8?=

I looking for a way to record a voice with a microphone and save the
recording in wav format using python.

Does anybody know any module which would let me do this?

This is for a school project where we are going to use this recording to
send voice-messages to cell-phones

regards
Jorg Rødsjø

Doug Holton

Jorg Rødsjø wrote:

> I looking for a way to record a voice with a microphone and save the
> recording in wav format using python.
>
> Does anybody know any module which would let me do this?
>
> This is for a school project where we are going to use this recording to
> send voice-messages to cell-phones
>
> regards
> Jorg Rødsjø

Hi, there isn't a standard python module for recording sound, but
here are some code samples:
http://www.johnnypops.demon.co.uk/python/
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pyt...ry/089037.html
http://picket.8m.com/programs/ (MCIinterface)
http://www.speech.kth.se/snack/

If you have any problems getting it to work for you, just post here again.