Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Newbie 2511 question

Newbie 2511 question

Mike

We just inherited a Cisco 2511 access server and would like to move
off of our existing Microsoft RAS server and onto this one but I don't
have much experience with this. Is there any way to use this product
and have users dial into it but authenticate directly onto our NT 4.0
domain? In other words...we don't want to give the users new
usernames/passwords....we'd like to switch this over without the users
knowing.

Doug McIntyre

Mike <> writes:
>We just inherited a Cisco 2511 access server and would like to move
>off of our existing Microsoft RAS server and onto this one but I don't
>have much experience with this. Is there any way to use this product
>and have users dial into it but authenticate directly onto our NT 4.0
>domain? In other words...we don't want to give the users new
>usernames/passwords....we'd like to switch this over without the users
>knowing.

You'll need some external software. Specificly an authentication
software package that supports RADIUS or TACACS. There's some free
ones around that run on Windows and can authenticate against a windows
domain. There's also some enterprise packages available as well. Cisco
has some and Funk Software are probably the two biggies.
--
Doug McIntyre http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Network Engineer/Jack of All Trades