Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ANN: Bioinformatics Open Source Conference

ANN: Bioinformatics Open Source Conference

Andrew Dalke

I know there's many people here using Python for bioinformatics
(including people who don't use Biopython

If you're planning to be at ISMB this summer you might want
to check out BOSC, the Bioinformatics Open Source Conference
http://www.open-bio.org/bosc2004/
which takes place two days before ISMB starts. It's a great
time to talk about your software project either a full talk
(up to 30 minutes), a lighting talk (about 5 minutes) or during
one of our demo sessions.

The deadline for full-talk proposals is next week, but we
will accept lighting talks and demos until we run out of
space, even during the conference itself.

I hope to have a good showing by Python people!

Andrew